Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mason Jar Soap Dispenser

I love vintage mason jars and have posted about them several times. You can read about my decorating fascination here and here. Unfortunately most of the time my beautiful jars live in a a cupboard because I can't find a way to have them be functional but not be broken by my young children.

Then awhile back I came upon a wonderful tutorial by Heather Bullard on how to turn a vintage mason jar into a soap dispenser. I'm not going to repeat my steps because really I just followed hers--her tutorial is fantastic!
Look how pretty it is! It looks gorgeous in my white beadboard kitchen! MUCH better than the yucky "disposable" soap dispenser from Target that I've been using for five+ years! (Did you ever notice that in the "after" pictures of my kitchen that I don't have a soap dispenser? That is because the one I was using was so ugly that I didn't want it in the pictures of my pretty kitchen!)

I'm linking to Look What I Found Friday at Vintage Revivial!

3 comments:

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Love that :) I need to make one, too. It's just getting hubby to cut a lid. I had to order some on Ebay because I didn't have the heart to cut into the lids I already had!

The Adventures of Ordy and Joon said...

i've been wanting to try this for a while now! looks great!

April and Holly said...

Looks great! I also have the cheap refillable kind and you can bet that I hide mine in pictures too!!! The thinks we do :) I'll be adding this to my DIY list!!!