Thursday, May 7, 2009

Zoo Trip!

Where does the time go? It is May already!! I've been MIA in blogland because construction on our addition has moved inside and it is so noisy here that we leave the house every chance we get!

Last week I took the children to the zoo because admission prices for the zoo skyrocket on May 1st--so we went on April 30th and had such a fun day together! It takes us about 2.5 hours to get to the zoo (we have to take a ferry because we don't live in the main part of our state) so it was an all-day expedition.
I love these lion statues--they used to be in front of the "Cat House" when I was a little girl...back in the Dark Ages when animals at the zoo used to be in cages. I'm so glad these statues were salvaged--my mom has pictures of me posing on them when I was my daughter's age!
The animals were out enjoying the spring weather too. It was gorgeous! Sunny with some warmth, but not so warm that we were seeking out shade. It was great zoo weather!
My children love these gorilla statues and we always get pictures with them!
This one (of the two of them) now is the background on my computer--I love pictures where they both are happy!
My children were so excited to see a baby gorilla--they decided it was "Grampy" giving the baby a ride because their Grampy gives them rides on his back.
Have you met my son the turtle?
Oh wait, I mean my son the spider! Can you tell that my little ones love the interactive parts of the zoo as much as they love seeing the animals?
I just love the body language in this picture--it speaks volumes to me!
And yes, we're not all about frills and fluff...we love trucks (and tractors!) too!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun at the zoo! I think that looks like the Woodland Park Zoo...am I right? We were going to go there after church on Sunday but forgot our zoo membership pass thing...oh, well...

That is so exciting that you are having an addition made to your house! :) Hopefully soon it will be done and then you can enjoy both the space AND the quiet, too! :) I hope you have a great weekend!

The Bertone's said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you had a good time! Love the pic's! I can't wait to take the kids to the zoo here. :)