Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring Art Projects

A few weeks ago my little ones were doing art project after art project...we had art drying everywhere! First we did the marshmallow rainbows I posted about earlier...those were a BIG hit--and we still have leftover marshmallows which also is a huge hit.
We also made coffee filter butterflies. They were enthralled with how the watercolor paint was absorbed into the coffee filters. I even got in on the action and made one. After the filters dried, I added a pipecleaner to the middle of each butterfly.
The art project my three year old was most interested in was the cherry tree project I read about on No Time for Flashcards. We had a lot of cherry trees blooming in the neighborhood and he was excited to make a tree like the ones we see on our walks.
However, my favorite project was making daffodils! I traced star shapes on yellow construction paper using a cookie cutter. My five year old cut hers out herself and I cut them out for my little boy. Then they painted popsicle sticks green to use for stems. We used Elmers Glue to hold the flower onto the stem and I did the circle in the middle of the flowers.
Now I have a bucket of daffodils on my windowsill and love them! These are a spring decoration I'll be bringing out again next year too!

7 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Those are darling. I love how you have them all bunched together. I would keep them forever and get them out every Spring. How cute!

XOXO
Jen

Shannon said...

What fun projects! I bet you will be getting those flowers out every year from now on! :)

Unknown said...

I love them I miss doing crafts with my kids sometimes I make them anyway! lol love the flowers

Carrie

The Bertone's said...

My kids love to make butterflies with the filters too. I think it more of the fun of spraying the water! :)
I love the daffodils those are just to cute. We are going to have to try to make some of them!
Thanks for the idea...

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

You are such a cool mom!! I love all of these art projects. In fact, I am going to print them out so I don't forget for my 5-year old. THANKS FOR SHARING!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Those are so sweet! I love the way the butterflies turned out, and your flowers too! May have to copy you...
Carrie

Ms. Tee said...

Those daffodils are just adorable! I love them! Makes me wish my son was little again. :)