Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cupcake Pops!



If you are looking for an adorable treat for a birthday or a baby shower, you *must* try Bakerella's Cupcake Pops! They are so cute and so easy to make--but they are very time consuming to construct. My children and husband loved eating them and they received rave reviews from the children and teachers at my daughter's preschool. I found them too sweet (which shocked me!), but they're so adorable, I know I'll be making them again!
I made them for my little girl to bring to preschool for snack on her birthday--she brought these (which are MUCH smaller than a regular cupcake) along with banana halves and everyone was happy. There weren't any leftovers, that's for sure!
Basically you bake a sheet cake, grind it up in the food processor, combine it with frosting and make little cake balls. After you refrigerate the balls for a bit, you press one end of each ball into a cookie cutter to make the bottom fluted like a cupcake. Then there is more refrigeration before you dip the bottom of each little cupcake into chocolate and insert a stick. They you dip the top of each cupcake into a colored candy melt, put on some sprinkles, and top with an M&M.

They are so cute and Bakerella has fantastic instructions on her blog. These even were featured on the Martha Stewart Show!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Those are so cute! Your daughter looks VERY pleased! :) Wow, and you put some serious time into them, too! :)

Sandy said...

I love this! What a fun way to eat a cupcake:)

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Oh fun! They are cute. Thanks so much for stopping by our blog today.

Jocelyn said...

I love bakerella...she always has the cutest treats!!!