Friday, September 5, 2008

Purchases

Look at these adorable little apothecary jars! I bought them at an antique shop in our town--I was shocked at how inexpensive they were since most things there were quite overpriced. With tax I paid $9.80 for all three of them! They are so cute, too!

I also picked up some items at Rite Aid. Usually I think of Rite Aid as the most overpriced drugstore on the planet, but this time I was lucky and found some good sale items.
These barn stars were tagged at $9.99 but were on summer clearance for $2.49! What a steal! I bought them thinking that I would repaint them...but the patriotic coloring is cute too for 4th of July decor. I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet, but couldn't pass them up at that price!
Look at these cute little decorations! The little wood pumpkins were on sale for 99 cents (usually $1.99) and the ceramic gourds were $1.24 each (usually $2.49). Very cute and I love the colors of the ceramic gourds. They also had some twig pumpkins on sale, but I already have some of those. Still, there were some good deals on cute decorations...and some good deals on ultra-tacky decorations! Take your pick!

(As an aside, I tried using Photobucket again to upload pictures...but they come out HUGE on my blog! Help! I had to delete them and upload via Blogger.)

13 comments:

Jessica said...

oooohh, thanks for the tip, I'll have to make a trip to Rite Aid during Kindergarten today! :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Great bargains! I paid a lot more than that for my apothecary jars...I didn't have your savvy-ness! :)
Carrie

Shannon said...

Cute buys! I can't believe you got those jars for less than $10!!

Weeksie50 said...

I love Barn Stars. I want a big huge red one..

Wendy said...

I love the apothecary jars...why can't I ever find any? sigh. And cute barn stars too! Great finds.

The Beauty Bargainista said...

OHHH!!! I want those apothecary jars sooooo bad!!

Jodee said...

Love your finds! I love your blog look too!

Our Complete Family said...

Fun, fun, fun shopping trip with those neat finds to tote home! Happy almost the weekend to you~ Les

cherry said...

Cute stars...don't paint them or next year the 4th will roll around and you will wish you had kept them...atleast I would probley do that rofl. I have everyone of those same apothecary jars! Can't wait to see your dresser all done. cherry

Shell in your Pocket said...

OH what fun you could have with those glass votives! You could do many things with them..check out www.nestingplacenc.blogspot.com This lady has the ideas! You probaly already visit her!

-Sandy Toes

abeachcottage said...

love those barn stars, I want to find some of those, what a great price you got them for, power of paint :-)

Darlene said...

Cute, cute stuff!!! LOVE the apothocary jars...I am always on the lookout for those at the thrift store and Goodwill store...they are hard to come by. Oooo, and I would use those cute Barn stars at 4th of July...adorable! Cute pumpkins too...I guess I could have just stopped with Cute, cute stuff!!!lol

Rachel Berry said...

Wow great purchases and what a bargain!! Love the jars. I just bought some and put fall candy in them. Looks ever so cute.

;)R.